Stelladapter USB with MorphOS?
  • Just looking around
    Hi,

I've just taken the plunge and ordered a Pegasos system (MorphOS has intrigued me for a while and now I get to try it :-) )

I was wondering though, will this adapter work with MorphOS? - Stelladapter USB

If so, it would be perfect for emulators like UAE. I have an old Competition Pro that we've had since the early 80s that I'd love to use with emulated Amiga games, if possible (if not, I'll stick with the USB Competition Pro, which IMO isn't as nice as the older ones.)

Thanks!

Matt
  • »16.11.05 - 21:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    It should. So far I havent found a USB game pad or adapter for one that hasent. You may have to go into the settings for Trident to get the buttons right, but its not hard to do that.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »17.11.05 - 00:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    i'd be more careful. I know a user that bought a ps2 pad/USB adapter (APM brand) that didn't work at all with poseidon.
    But you'll never know until you try it.
  • »17.11.05 - 08:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Seems a bit expensive (but haven't seen any other similar adaptors) - does it support CD32 pad extra buttons btw?

If you want to get a similar one cheap, you can always buy the cheapest "normal" digital-only USB pad and wire it to a D9 connector.
  • »20.11.05 - 20:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Velcro_SP
    I am also interested in this, have seen it at the webshop at Atari Age. Could use it with Atari800 emulator perhaps.
    Pegasos2 G3, 512 megs RAM
  • »20.11.05 - 23:22
  • Just looking around
    Red_Troll
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I was looking for information on the CD32 pad - specifically I would like to make an adapter for it to connect it to an AmigaOne (and optionally Pegasos, but I have little interest in that area, hence the nick), however I can't find any information on the internals to help me do this, I'm getting unexpected results from a multimeter. There seems to be a CD32->parallel adapter/driver in the Linux kernel but I don't understand it. If anybody can help with this it would be appreciated.

Anyway, that wasn't why I jumped into this thread.

@Jupp3

The Stelladapter is a standard USB HID device which works with the OS4 USB stack and AmigaInput, and works with ordinary Amiga (Kempston) joysticks. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on Pegasos/MorphOS if there is a standard USB HID joystick driver available.

It does not work with the CD32 gamepad. I think the adapter is misdetecting it as an Atari paddle, as the buttons are all over the shop and the directional pad isn't centred correctly.

re: your last sentence, I've seen an adapter somewhere to connect USB gamepads to a Kempston interface, but I'm not quite sure how this is relevant to the original discussion.
  • »30.04.06 - 23:32
    Profile Visit Website