• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    You misinterpreted my words.

I know perfectly that evaluation boards of Peg 2,5 and Peg 3 are already on solid silicon and are actually still being tested.

I know also these Motherboards are based on Tundra Ts108.

But Minimac since its launch in last spring 2005 was immediately perceived by lots of potential buyers as the Pegasos-killer.

Two or more peggiers have traded their Peg machines for minimac (at least I heard about two of them).

Other perople traded their old classical Amigas to buy minimac as an entry-level to migrate Mac side of the world.

What saved Pegasos is the fact that minimac is a very very entry level machine and has poor features (low 4800 RPM 2,5"HD max 80 gig, only one memory socket)...

But new minimac presented recently by Apple is being now integrated with new hardware features such as SATA, PCI-Exp, more memory and better HDDs.
    This fact will erode again the tiny Amiga market letting other people to abandon our platform.

I think it is the moment for Genesi to launch on the market Pegasos 2,5... or better Pegasos 3. Even if first batch of boards will be aimed only to developers, I think that new Peggies colud receive a good acceptance by the public.

(Well, to be honest these boards are already intended as developers boards since their concept design)

Well. It is important to gain visibility.

Also, even if MorphOS market is now only a FRACTION of the whole Pegasos-ODW market, MOS developers should check and test on the road these new motherboards in order to improve MOS with new features such as SATA drivers, and more to develop PCI-Exp video card drivers.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte on 2005/10/23 23:57 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »23.10.05 - 16:53