• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Just a few word to clearify. ArakAttack is supporting all common USB standards: UHCI, OHCI and EHCI.

>Sorry, but this is not true... Guido Mersmann, Author of ArakAttack, told me that it runs at about 6 MB / sec on his Amithlon system.
    Actually my USB 2.0 Memory Stick is running with 7MB/s, the speed is limited by the flash memory.
    Since january I am using a Harddisk which is twice as fast.

>And Spider does provide about 3 MB/sec. But will the Spider work with Pegasos? I dont know...
    The spider is just a normal NEC Chip based PCI card with tweeked PCI ID, which are checked by the driver.

> No, even the latest OpenPCI version does not fix that bug. I tried out by myself with the ArakAttack Demo, and Guido Mersmann told me that it still wont work, too.
    Regarding on my latest information the current problem is, that the MorphOS internal PCI card allocation isn't working.

The result is that the standard USB driver gets the same card as my driver and that's causing a big boom, because two drivers are accessing the same card at the same time. Making an OHCI/EHCI version of my driver would work around the problem, because UHCI then is the only handled by the default driver. In simple words only EHCI will be added.

ArakAttack was never ment to run on PPC system, because it's highly optimized to get maximum performance from 68K base systems. This is because USB need much CPU power, because the controllers are very stupid.

Geit

[ Edited by geit on 2005/5/10 14:10 ]
  • »10.05.05 - 20:08