• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    tomjoad
    Raf_MegaByte:
    Oh come on ... the new mac is *not* meant for huge CAD projects, it is *not* meant to be used for HDTV video cut, it is *not* meant for Photoshopping GByte-sized images while rendering three complex raytracing scenes in the background.

If it were suited for all that, I wonder why they didn't announce at the same time that they'd drop the PowerMac line since the Mini would fill that slot from now on.

Most ordinary computer users just don't need much computing power. I know some folks who just read emails and surf the web, and after a vacation they touch up their holiday photos from their 2 MPixel digicams. And they got a huge bulky tower under their desk just for that.

Some folks don't even know something like WLAN, let alone Bluetooth, exists. Others know about it but don't need it. The point is they don't have to pay for it.

Look on my father's desk ... he's got a Win95 machine with a 90 MHz Pentium and 24 MByte RAM. So far he can do all he wants to do with this thing. If he'd go Mac mini the basic model would be completely sufficient and it would be a huge step forward for him.

And as for RAM expansion prices ... you don't want to buy RAM from Apple. Never. Apple's RAM prices are the one thing that are *absolutely* insane.
  • »13.01.05 - 19:24