question for BBRV
Topic is Locked
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    @ Acill

Quote:

Acill wrote:
    You people need to stop all of this, and stop it now! Genesi looses money on any of the upgrades they do. The systems being offered as ODW machines are not being given by Genesi! They are being given away by Freescale, also the PURCHASER of the machines. They can do what they want with these machines. You need to understand this. Genesi is working long and hard on getting the Pegasos name out and known. They are doing more then Amiga inc. ever did, much more then the current company holding to the A1 and AOS4 is doing. If you paid for a Pegasos 1, then at least you have one. Some people dont even have that much. Why not shop for a new board and sell your current one? I have seen two Pegasos 2 G3 machines on ebay in the last two months. NEW users got those the last selling as a COMPLETE system for just over $400. I'm sure you can get half that for your Pegasos I machine if you try. For those of you that want a machine now i say go to the various resellers and see what they have. GGS Data had a new shipment not to long ago.

In the end you need to stop being so damn greedy! The fact that Genesi even offers to do this in the first place is unheard of in any other company. When they can afford to make the offers they will just as BBRV has said.

PART OF THAT POST REMOVED BY FALCON1 REASON : INSULTING LANGUAGE

I'm furius.

her is what I can see on your tag:
    Pegasos II G4 1000MHZ
    Corsair TwinXS PC3200 512MB DDR
    Soundblaster Live! Value
    Radeon 7000 AGP 64MB DDR

Ok, you have a PEG II, so this is not your problem. Is not to me to stop this stupid situation, It is the genesi responsability.

Today I have a pegasos limited by memory, I never could install more than 256 mb, this is a very big problem using mame and PSA and MOL and other linux stuff. I cant use a TV card without az voodoo3 on PCI, Voodoo3 on PCI is extremly slow. With this config, Ambient becomes a snail.

The G3 is very good, but not for emulation application. A G4 is not to much but better.

MOL is stoped on peg1 at 0.69 version, so no USB, no Burning, no sound.

There are a lot of reasons to reclam The promised PEG II G4 board.
    So please STOP telling stupid things, it's not your life.
    If $400 is not a problem compared to 200 euros, please send me them. and you tell about PEG II G3 boards sold on ebay, you speak about 2 boards, only 2, we are a lot and not 2 people waitting.

Sory, I can understand the industry world is very difficult and genesi does what they can, but on this situation, I'm feeling be fucked.

[ Edited by FALCON1 on 2004/8/24 20:16 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 18:28
    serge
    Quote:

cdfr wrote:

This is not exact. Serge as many people did not paid, he pre-ordered/ reserved an upgrade to APS (who since then was unable to order it from Genesi). APS did not cash the money because in the past several preorder schemes failed.

In one hand everyone agree that it is frustrating for the customers to wait for this upgrade for ever. On the other hand most of them did not pay for it.

People should try to adopt a constructive attitude. Whining on the public forums will only make the situation worse.

[ Edited by cdfr on 2004/8/24 12:55 ]

It's not a problem to me to pay the 200 euros. A check was did since 7 months to APS for this Upgrade.
  • »24.08.04 - 18:37
  • Targhan
    Oh geez, do we all have to have an "attack" attitude? (I don't mean just the folks asking about the boards from Genesi, but those defending Genesi as well.)

I thought this was covered before, but I want to see what the perception is here:

1. Was there money sent to anyone, APS or Genesi for said upgrades?

2. Does everyone understand that the first upgrade "paths" were ruined by certain un-named dealers taking advantage of the "system" making it very difficult to continue?

3. Those looking for upgrades, are they pegasos-1 users, beta-testers, and/or phreeboards?

Be simple and straight forward please, no embellishment is required.
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »24.08.04 - 18:41
    Profile Visit Website
    serge
    I will continu to do all things i can to have my UPgrade.
    I bought my PEG1 from Thendic in France directly with Thierry Velasco who is a very nice person.
    I changed my board always with Thierry for a patched one without articia problems. When I meet him, he fells me something realy serius and honest. He tells to me to wait untill he will received PEG II G4 boards to do the Upgrade like BBRV told officialy " Upgrades could be donne by the resailors of the PEG 1 boards", and unfortunatly, he never received the boards, then genesi france closed the dor.
    I regret to not deal anymore with this person.
    I think Thierry is missing in Pegasos French world.
  • »24.08.04 - 18:53
    serge
    Quote:

1. Was there money sent to anyone, APS or Genesi for said upgrades?

I send a check to APS. It never be charged. APS can charge it when he wants if he send me a PEG IIboard.

Quote:

2. Does everyone understand that the first upgrade "paths" were ruined by certain un-named dealers taking advantage of the "system" making it very difficult to continue?

unfortunatly, it would be happend, but it is not a end-users problem

Quote:

3. Those looking for upgrades, are they pegasos-1 users, beta-testers, and/or phreeboards?

I'm betatester 1
    not phreeboard !

Quote:

Be simple and straight forward please, no embellishment is required.

Thank you for this simple question.
  • »24.08.04 - 19:00
    serge
    @ BBRV

Quote:

bbrv wrote:
    What is most frustrating is the person that started this thread received a PHREEBOARD and should be saying thank you more than screaming for an upgrade for which he does not even qualify.
    R&B

Is this a mistake or ... ? !!!!!!!!!

I never received a PHREEBOARD, I'm a Betatester from the beginnig of the operation.

Do you want to see the bill with the betateser contract signed by Thierry Velasco ?

POST MODERATED BY FALCON1 TO CALM DOWN ATMOSPHERE AND CORRECT ENGLISH

[ Edited by FALCON1 on 2004/8/24 20:26 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 19:06
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    -1- For what concerns upgrades preordered from APS people were asked to use checks. These checks were not cashed. The plan is to cash checks only when customers are shipped the upgrades. A very few users refused to order with checks and paid with Visa cards. Visa cards orders have to be cashed in 30 days.

-2- Yes but honest resellers had agreements with Genesi to do such upgrades.

-3- Mostly Pegasos 1 / April customers. Serge is an exception as he got a betatester 1 he paid full price. Some of these customers bought the pegasos 1 thinking they could benefit from the peg2 upgrade offer.
    Phreeboards are not entitled to the upgrade offer.

I agree with Targhan, no need of getting angry and swear.

[ Edited by cdfr on 2004/8/24 14:14 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 19:11
  • Just looking around
    MikePig
    Quote:

This can be especially problematic as some corporate customers pay only at 60 days after delivery.

What about the XXXXXX (like me) who paid 200 days before delivery ?!

This was not by a reseller but on the Genesi website and the credit card has been charged !

[edited by targhan: swearwords removed]

[ Edited by Targhan on 2004/8/24 14:06 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 19:33
  • Targhan
    Okay, now we're getting somewhere. APS is holding checks without cashing them (That seems fair, but can be illegal in some parts of the world. On the plus side, it shows just how much trust APS customers have in them--BRAVO!)

Okay, if someone purchased an upgrade via the webstore that was charged, there will be records, and I feel that those people should either recieve a board or a refund. (I don't make the boards or run the accounting office, but fair is fair.) Let's not be too hasty in anger.

So basically, we have some users who bought (at full price) a betatester board back in the day, who want an upgrade. (okay, I understand).

We have APS under the impression (at the *time*) that they could perform such upgrades, and are holding checks. I'll assume, then, that a few other resellers may have done the same (correct?).

Then, there are a few who purchased an upgrade directly from Genesi when this was available via the website.

Those who are asking for the upgrades are not phreeboard assigned boards or pheonix discounts?

If any of this is ever to be solved we need to know the who, what, when, and where of it all. I'm sure that every situation out there has a solution, but we need to know about the different situations to be able to even attempt to fix them.

• »24.08.04 - 20:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Right. Holding checks was the only way to proceed without cashing the money.

APS was not under the impression only , there were several announcements / plans / agreements to have these boards upgraded by some resellers.
    This is why APS advertised the upgrade programs and got a relative high number of preorders. The customers elligible to preorder were customers with a Pegasos 1 bill from APS, Software Paradise (French reseller hwo stop his activities) and Thendic.
    All of these conditions were agreed with Thierry Velasco who was in charge of dealing with all resellers.

Other resellers were waiting the upgrade program to start to take orders. As he didn't happen they are not in this situation now.

Sometimes it does not pay to spend extra efforts promoting such operations :-(

I guess that people waiting for upgrades would like to know if Genesi still plan to honour the upgrades and give an approximate timeframe for it.
  • »24.08.04 - 20:44
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Serge: please calm down: bbrv thought *I* (ie: the so called "phreeboarder") started the thread and admitted his mistake: "thefab, you are right. Our mistake."...

Regards,
    Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »24.08.04 - 21:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    @cdfr

I understand, and what's more I really understand how the users feel (I remember several really bad situations with other upgrades, pre-order, and other schemes. I too have been around for a while.)

Basically, what I'm trying to do now is to find out how many of these things are out there, what are the circumstances for customers, time-frames from the production side, and what--if any--middle ground there may be. Just help me get a clear picture of what the need is, and maybe something can be done. :-)

• »24.08.04 - 21:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Serge calm down mate! Yes I have a Peg 2, thats not a reason to insult me like you did. To get mine I sold off ALL of my classic hardware for exactly what the Pegasos cost me. Why not do the same? Sell off your system as a complete unit and any classic hardware if you have it and get a Pegasos II.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »24.08.04 - 21:21
    Profile Visit Website
    serge
    @ Leo,

I understand you want to calm me, but I'm very calm. I dont want
    shutingdown nobody. My gol is just to have my Update . Nothing more.
    Ok, It was a mistake about the "phreeboard story", but It's all the
    time the same thing.

I feel with some posts some guys think I'm a BAD GUY trying to flame
    burn and do the ware, but it is not true.

I'm an Amiga user since long years now. I bought my PEG 1 on the
    betatester operation, I waited by Thendic France for my Upgrade like a
    lot of people and. When Thendic France closed I felt loosing my board.
    So I turne to APS, me AMIGA reseller for the Upgrade.
    Since this time, genesi people tells things strange about APS
    Upgrades.
    When I asked for the first time to bbrv by mail why my upgrade was not
    honored, He tolds me I never had to do my Upgrade by APS. But Thierry
    Velasco sayed the contrary befor and it was officialy told that
    reselers would do the upgrades.
    At this moment PEG II boards were existing and sold on shops, but the
    Upgrades were not done.

About me, there is realy a problem to solve with the method to do this
    upgrades and it is not just a stock issue. That's way I'm furius,
    frustrated and angry by waitting for something maybe never will come.

I now, I have to wait it's BBRV words, but it tells the same when
    boards were available.
    So what can I think about this situation?

With a little chance, I'm the only stupid BETATESTER without Pegasos
    II :-)
  • »24.08.04 - 21:34
  • Leo
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Leo
    @Serge: I got your point, that's why I'm taking part in this thread... But there's definitely no need to insult people.

Maybe you're the only one betatester without a Peg2 (And I say maybe...). But what's sure is that you're not the only one with a pending peg1->peg2 upgrade ;)

Regards,
    Leo.
    Nothing hurts a project more than developers not taking the time to let their community know what is going on.
  • »24.08.04 - 21:39
    Profile Visit Website
    serge
    @ Acill,

I'm sorry, but I cant calm down when I read things like you wrote.
    You dont know the situation because if you did, you never write that.
    BBRV knows very well there is a problem to solve and not just a stock
    problem. APS Upgrades never was done.

I sold my A1200+PPC+Mediator+soundblaster+voodoo3 to buy the Pegasos
    Betatester, so I cant sold anymore.
    I cant sold My peg 1 to buy a PEG II because I never could sold it for
    a PEG II price. So I juste try to get the thing that was deal.

So please dont write things about me like if I was a childish stupid
    boy searching for his toy.

I now Genesi have priorities and money is the biggest because they
    need to be alive, but I tThings were promised and must be done thats
    all. Spécialy when the real reasons of this problem are not explained
    to us.

My gol is not to insult you, but be carful when you speak about
    others. You are not on my life, not on my bank, not on my contracts
    sign with genesi. so keep polite if you dont whant insults.

regards

[ Edited by serge on 2004/8/24 22:54 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 21:51
    @leo
    absolutely
    I chose to keep my peg1 betatester and go for a second machine (peg2 G4), as I already thought it will take loong time for the upgrade offer.

BTW I think a good alternative would be, as I said before, to make the upgrade offer with PPC750GX when available.... same horse power as the G4, but only without AltiVec... and Hell cheaper :-D

@serge
    As Leo said, calm down, no need to isult people ; and please read again your english before posting.... I can understand it as I'm french like you, but I don't know if other people can, too.
    Pegasos rulez since august 2002
  • »24.08.04 - 21:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    thefab:

If I misread, then I apoligize to the original poster.

as for you pull your panties out of the bunch they're in. this is a public post so you're gonna get public replies.
  • »24.08.04 - 21:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    @Serge

I know I am an outsider without knowledge of this situation, so I could be wrong, but I think Thierry owes you an apology. And if APS have a cheque of yours they should indeed return it promptly. And the MorphOS community and Genesi will work on a solution for guys like you so that you can get a Pegasos2. We are a very resourceful group you know! :-D

(And maybe Freescale will buy more Pegasos2 and give them to developers.) :-D

One wish of mine is that members of morphzone whose native language is not english would feel comfortable enough to post in their native language as well as english. Its not a perfect world, sometimes understanding one another can be difficult, and computerized language translators are not perfect.

My native language is english, but I can also read some french and spanish. Of course I would like to learn how to communicate in these languages. So for example if I wanted to communicate in another language I post post both languages, my naitve language as well as the language I want to express myself in. Does this make sense?

Speaking of language translators, like babelfish, does anyone here think this would be a good *real world solution* project to get a few FREE Pegasos based systems sponsored by Freescale?

[ Edited by Darth_X on 2004/8/24 14:29 ]
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »24.08.04 - 22:07
    serge
    @ Falcon
    My english is realy bad I know ;-)

I dont want be an insulting person, jst want my peg II :-)
  • »24.08.04 - 22:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    He is not only one, There are some bt2 with P1 without april waiting
    for upgrade, we can add some money for P2 g4, we have pre-order some
    mouths ago upgrade... How long we will waiting for upgrade?
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »24.08.04 - 22:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    How many People who own Pegasos1 G3 would like to upgrade to Pegasos2 G4? Do we have a definate number of people?

I know I would love to upgrade. But for everyone, how do we give the opportunity for everyone who wants a pegasos2 to get a pegasos delivered to them when they want it? :-D

I could be in a universe far, far away from us.. but in the back of my mind is the thought of a sort of "trust fund" (or a co-op) for hardware that would allow a group of people worldwide to buy an order of Pegasos boards.

Many of us do not have credit cards, and/or live in a country that does not have payment solutions like paypal. Or maybe we don't like payment solutions like paypal. Maybe we can pay in full by cash. Maybe not, maybe we have to pay for it by installments each month or a percentage off our paycheques.

(Perhaps we would like to exchange work in exchange for a free pegasos? :-D )

But regardless of our current situation, how do we get to where we want (a pegasos2 board in our hands?) from here? :-D
    When you have eliminated all which is impossible,
    then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!!! - Sherlock Holmes
  • »24.08.04 - 22:56
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ButterflyKisses
    well darth x i have an inexpensive solution to your problem...the way everyone is going ot get a peg2 g4 board is simple......go to your local hardware store....purchase a 2x4 (they are not that expensive) then purchase a sharpy pen (also not expensive)......proceed to carefully write the words "Pegasos 2 G4" on the board you purchased.......and happyness will soon follow :-D

[ Edited by ButterflyKisses on 2004/8/24 15:05 ]

[ Edited by ButterflyKisses on 2004/8/24 15:16 ]
  • »24.08.04 - 23:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Well I'll tell you what. of someone starts a trust fund going I will put $50 in it for one of you that need an upgrade. My only thing for doing this is your old boards goes to someone that wants a Pegasos and is willing to code for MorphOS in return for it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »25.08.04 - 00:22
    Profile Visit Website
    bbrv
    We spent the day making Open Desktop Workstations - another 50 today, 50 tomorrow and 50 the day after for a total of 250 this month. Most of these machines will go to Developers from the Debian, Gentoo and MorphOS Communities or Pilot Programs in the USA, Sweden and the Czech Republic.

If you are a Developer and you are willing to submit monthly reports, without specific requirements, but generally continue to develop for the PowerPC on the Pegasos you can qualify for a FREE Open Desktop Workstation. Please send us an email with you objectives, full name, address and local phone number and we will fully consider you for the program. If you can come to Frankfurt for the day on 30 September you could be eligible to participate in Pegasos Day at SNDF Europe. All participants will recieve an Open Desktop Workstation.

As for ANY other outstanding orders for Pegasos II's under the upgrade program (and there are only two that have not already shipped), these will be sent later this week or early next week.

This whole issue remains at our discretion. You can be sure that troublemakers will never have the option offered to them. We are growing frustrated over this issue. We did not read the whole thread, but saw enough to feel it necessary to make this clear. We are not a charity.

R&B
  • »25.08.04 - 00:48
    Profile Visit Website
Topic is Locked