• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bifford
    Quote:

Can you help give me some guidance on what it should contain, and I would be happy to do it.

As a note - decide whether it is to be a Pegasos II review, or a joint PegII/MOS1.4.2 review. I personally would weigh heavilly on the PegII part but also talk a bit about MOS. Say a 3/4 to 1/4 weighting. But you don't have to stick to that :)

Well, for a start a comparison with the differences between the PegI and PegII is necessary - and dont be adverse to mentioning things like the Gigabit ethernet that we (MOS users) can't use as yet but Linux can. Why should a user upgrade froma PegI to a PegII? What are its benefits? Any drawbacks?

How easy is the machine to set up from scratch? (ie limitations of what RAM etc it can handle) Does it work from the get-go or does it require faffing around? How good is the documentation? How good is support and where can you get it?

Then installation of the OS. With this I wouldn't go into too much detail - mention the boot.img and its partitioning requirements, and basic installation of MOS. You could, if you want, even talk about installation and requirements of LINUX :- afaik noone has done a Linux on Amiga machine article for TAM. If there's enough for this maybe a 2nd article?

Then of course there's the upgrade to 1.4.2 - whats new? whats newly broken? (snapshotting for example is now half-screwed!) whats fixed? Whats expected in 1.5? Again, KISS.

So there ya have the basics. Don't forget photographs of the set-up of the Hardware and of course screenshots.

Anything else is up to you and they are just guidelines. Its your review not mine! ;-)

TTFN!
    Bifford
    ========
    Bifford the Youngest

My Website at: www.whiteharegames.co.uk/
  • »25.04.04 - 13:16
    Profile Visit Website