Cases for Pegasos/Pegasos II
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    cha05e90
    Hello!

Was there ever an official case for the Pegasos (original and II) range of systems? Or maybe some kind of marketing/ad case that was used by BPlan and/or Genesi?

aopen_h360a_1.jpg
    aopen_h360a_2.jpg

Asking Google showed rather often the shown blue/grey AOpen slim case - but maybe this is only a user system that was only coincidentally often photographed?!?

[ Editiert durch cha05e90 11.07.2024 - 13:00 ]
    II/G4
  • »11.07.24 - 11:58
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Those were the ODWs, systems shipped out in cooperation with FreeScale for developers.

I also got one, so the bar wasn’t that high….
  • »11.07.24 - 12:14
  • ASiegel
    @cha05e90

There were several types of complete systems that were distributed or sold by Thendic/Genesi and were based on the PEGASOS (old spelling) and Pegasos II mainboards.

At the Amiga + Retro 2002 show in Aachen, Genesi showed off a large number of systems in silver Cooler Master cases. Many of these were given out to developers after the show.

This particular set up was also used for print advertisements and magazine covers. You can see it here: 3D Illustration

I believe the case was part of Cooler Master's ATC 6x0 series of cases.

As Kronos correctly pointed out, the referenced AOpen case was used for the "Open Desktop Workstation" systems that were shipped from the United States. This particular case was also manufactured in black color but appeared to only be available in Asia at the time.

However, there were actually two different types of cases that had been used for ODW systems. You can see the other case here: AmigaSpirit

Last but not least, Genesi also advertised the Pegasos-based "Home Media Center". This system won the "Best of Show" award at a Freescale industry event. It used a black and silver hfx mCubed case as seen here: AmigaSpirit
  • »12.07.24 - 10:36
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    cha05e90
    Thank you Andre!

Interesting, my brain indeed connects the silver Cooler Master case with the "first" Pegasos (without the "II"). :-) In the meantime I also found references to the white InWin BT553 case from Genesi - I must admit I never heard of the Home Media Center...

Thanks Stefan and Andre for the infos - so I'll set up a "Wanted" in the Buy&Sell section...
    II/G4
  • »12.07.24 - 10:53
    Profile Visit Website