• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    I checked my "archives" and also not found direct original source. Respective I found notes with links to IBM pages, but links not works now and IBM is wayback-machine very unfriendly.
    So I have only indirect comparisons like these:
    BBN, Military+Aerospace Design
    Second link has mosty Acces denied, but sometimes it can open.

Anyway it is not so much important. Important are real results.
    Real speed of G5 970 CPU on the same frequency is lower than G4 and G3 and these two had 2.3 MIPS/MHz for sure.
    Also all sources ( unfortunately there no original PA-Semi document ) says, PA6T-1682M has 2.2 MIPS/MHz/core, and in real life AmigaOne X1000 with 1.8 GHz is equal or faster than iMac 2.1 GHz.

So, I cannot say for sure what is exact value of G5 MIPS and I appologize if I misinformed somebody. But real-life comparisons says 1.9 is much closer to real number than 2.9.

If you wanted to take the time and found a real source from IBM, I will be be glad. And even I also like to be precise, I don't want to spend time on it.

[ Edited by sailor 18.05.2023 - 10:59 ]
    AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
    AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »18.05.23 - 07:59