• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Man I can't win for losing :).

I have this one PM with loud fans ready to put me in the funny jacket in the padded room and we have...

This PCIe system. Here is an update.

1. The sell of the card swears it is the PPC version. So for now I will believe him.
    2. I tried both DVI ports with the same results.
    3. I tried with both cards and just the one.
    4. I can see the firmware and boot selection screens just fine on the card. Once I tell it to boot from CD it gives me a white screen. MorphOS will boot no problem, can here the CD booting away and I can CTRL cmd cmd and it reboots just fine.

I'm at a loss at this point.

Quote:

cyfm wrote:
    Quote:

matt3 schrieb:
    I keep getting a white screen when I boot MorphOS on my PCIe 2.0GHz Power Mac G5.

Booted both from CD and HDD.

I have a XT1900GT Mac PPC radeon card. I tried putting in the nvidia card even though I thought it wasn't needed.

MorphOS is up and running I can hear it boot entirely from the CD and I can reboot it with the keyboard.

I can get to Bios just fine with just the 1900GT in the box as you would expect.

Any ideas?

[ Edited by matt3 23.01.2023 - 15:09 ]

The white screen indicates that it most likely got initialized by OpenFirmware but it seems that it doesn't make it into MorphOS as you should usually get to the bootlogo screen or a black screen there.
    This could have multiple reasons, though. You might try the 2nd output as well.

• »29.01.23 - 17:28