• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    Quote:

pikewerfer wrote:
    Hi guys,
    How about the hard disk? I heard you could replace it with an SSD mSATA using an IDE adapter. Has anyone tried this? I assume it makes the system more responsive.

Yes, I have in my Mini I have 44-pin IDE -> mSATA adapter + mSATA SSD

Quote:

pikewerfer wrote:
    I also know that it is possible to overclock the Mac mini from 1.25 to 1.5 GHZ. Did anyone try this? I am not good at soldering but would pay for it. :-)

I overclocked my Mini from 1.5 GHz to 1.83 GHz. Generally it is possible. Top frequency depends of your real CPU - you have to remove heatsink and see the exact markings. CPU 7447A is less capable of overclocking than 7447B. And I read somewhere, that 1.42 GHz and 1.5 GHz versions have better cooler, but I cannot confirm this, because I have only 1.5 version.
    Look at link that kozser sent. Also on obligement.free.fr is another article.
    If you will be patient enough, I will write during few weeks an article about Mac Mini updates.

Quote:

pikewerfer wrote:
    What else have I missed? Ideas?

Clean the fan and heatsink, and you can put your Mini on little stands for better cooling of bottom side. Bottom side serves as cooler for builtin GPU.
    And you can connect external storage via FireWire - there are some in Mac Mini design (Iomega MinMax, and G-technology )
    You cannot do much more - it is a Mini ;-)
    AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
    AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »12.05.22 - 14:39