• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Have you considered that this is not about "testers" but overall users?

Decisions regarding development priorities are guided by how many people would benefit from the work.

The developers has not yet commented this, so we do not know their priorities and the availability of potential testers. But fixing an already existent driver is not an owerhelming task. The same problem was present also in the OS4.1 scsi driver, and it was localisez and fixed within 24 hour from my report! (It just took much longer to come available for end users, due to Hyperions update politics ;).

Quote:

I am quite confident that nobody would have brought up performance. SCSI has had a miniscule market share for many years.

I can tell you from my own experience from other forums that performance has been the primary objection when SCSI disks has been mentioned in the context of X5000.

Quote:

Expecting developers to devote thousands of USD/EUR worth of labor so you can avoid buying new storage media for your premium-priced X5000 desktop computer is a foolproof way to get disappointed.

Complete nonsense... I did not ask to develope a new driver for a new, unknown hardware but simply to fix a bug in an existent driver! insteads, developing a new driver for a sata2/3 controller, so that one could USE those "new storage media" of yours, THAT would be expensive!

Maybe you ignore that X5000 have natively only two Sata2 drive connectors, already occoupied by boot disks for different OSs, and there are not yet MOS drivers available for ANY Sata2/3 boards. Thus, it is currently impossible to connect those "new storage media" you expect me to buy.
  • »23.04.22 - 14:14