• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    Thank you all for your fast replies.

@jacadcaps
    Quote:

That likely means that x5000 isn't that much faster than a PowerBook :)

Yeah, that's what I realised so far, although I was expecting a different situation. What I have seen though in Wayfarer, for example, on Revision Party website, the page JS execution remains slow (i.e. the animation at the back which can change with pointer movement), and the CPU usage remains under 30%. And I have seen similar behaviour on other websites as well.

Quote:

You will not be able to play video in Wayfarer with a card that has no overlay support.

I understand. That's fine. It's not the end of the world.

@cyfm
    Quote:

This is fixed in an upcoming MorphOS release.

That's awesome. Thank you so much for that.

Quote:

No, the lack of Altivec prevents the latest MorphOS MPlayer to work as I never released a non-Altivec version of it up to now. I will look into that for the next update, there has been next to no demand for it this far, I wonder if you are actually the first one to notice ... :)

Please, do have a look at that, because being able to play video would be nice. I can't believe that all the people who use MorphOS on X5000 do not try to watch videos on their machines.

I am still setting up my machine and I might get back with more queries if I have other issues.
    Thank you again guys for your help.
  • »16.04.22 - 21:36
    Profile Visit Website