• MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

1. The HD light on the case is on constantly. Currently I have installed in SATA 0 an SSD that has OS4 installation. On SATA 1 I have an 1TB hard disk which I use for MOS, which has 3 partitions for now, 2 are 20GB and 1 is 128GB. Also I have a sii3112 with a third hard disk with separate partitions for OS4. Unfortunately, this light problem happens even if I have the 1TB disk only connected, even on SATA 0. Does that mean that the hard disk in constantly in reading mode? Is there a possibility that this activity slows down my system?

This is fixed in an upcoming MorphOS release. The HD light is controlled separately from the actual HD activity. So up to MorphOS 3.16, it basically just stays on even if there is no access. The MorphOS X5000 SATA driver takes care of this now.

Quote:

2. Is the lack of overlay of the gfx card prevents the video playback? I installed the latest mplayer as found at morphos storage, and when I try to play a video it exits without errors. I tried Snoopium to see if I am missing something, but no errors mentioned. Any idea on what I should do with that?

No, the lack of Altivec prevents latest MorphOS MPlayer to work as I never released a non-Altivec version of it up to now. I will look into that for the next update, there has been next to no demand for it this far, I wonder if you are actually the first one to notice ... :)
  • »16.04.22 - 21:05
    Profile Visit Website