• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    Hello everyone,
    I recently decided to install in my X5000/40 the latest version of MorphOS, which is 3.16, and for that I bought a Radeon HD 6850 graphics card. Now, this card works well with both OS4 and MorphOS. It doesn't have 3D support on both systems, but I do not care much about it. For MorphOS it supports 2D graphics acceleration, but no overlay.

Since I installed MorphOS in my system, in a second hard disk, I have the following issues, that I am looking to find a way to solve:

1. The HD light on the case is on constantly. Currently I have installed in SATA 0 an SSD that has OS4 installation. On SATA 1 I have an 1TB hard disk which I use for MOS, which has 3 partitions for now, 2 are 20GB and 1 is 128GB. Also I have a sii3112 with a third hard disk with separate partitions for OS4. Unfortunately, this light problem happens even if I have the 1TB disk only connected, even on SATA 0. Does that mean that the hard disk in constantly in reading mode? Is there a possibility that this activity slows down my system?

2. Is the lack of overlay of the gfx card prevents the video playback? I installed the latest mplayer as found at morphos storage, and when I try to play a video it exits without errors. I tried Snoopium to see if I am missing something, but no errors mentioned. Any idea on what I should do with that?

3. Using wayfarer in that machine is not that faster than my Powerbook G4. I haven't yet managed to play any youtube video, but I am not sure if for that is the lack of overlay that prevents it. I set interpolation to low, but I would expect that I wouldn't need to do something like that on such a computer.

Of course I have MorphOS registered. Any feedback is much appreciated.

[ Edited by walkero 16.04.2022 - 23:18 ]
  • »16.04.22 - 20:17
    Profile Visit Website