• Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Quote:

.First make sure that you booted from the installation media and not from your existing installation. Right click on empty space on the desktop to activate the top menus, then from the first menu select "About MorphOS". At the top it should say "Version 3.16" and then a date. If it doesn't, you didn't boot from the installation media.

Checked, it is 3.16. Also Uboot shows that it is the installation media which is chosen for booting. Besides, the 'First flight' window appears automatically on screen, and it is possble to start the installer.

Quote:

Next check that the partition you're trying to update is validated. Hold the right mouse button over the partition icon on the desktop and select "information". On the right hand side of the window, it should say "Status: validated".

Checked, it is validated.

Quote:

Also I can't imagine that this isn't the case, but it is one of the checks the installer does. Open HDConfig from the Tools drawer of your MorphOS installation, then click on your boot partition to open the details for the partition. There are some radio buttons on the top right where the one that says "boot with priority" should be selected. If it's not, select it and save the changes.

HDconfig sees the disk and the partitions on it (boot partition is SFS), but I cannot open the 'edit...' window for any of the partitions. If I try, the menubar flashes red for a second but nothing happens.

Quote:

Next, make sure that you didn't accidentally modify the existing MorphOS installation. Open the partition you want to update on the desktop, then select All Files from the drop-down box in the top right corner of the window. There should be a folder called "MorphOS" as well as a MorphOS.readme file.

Checked, they are present.

I have also a second installation on a USB stick, and 'updater' sees the boot partition but says it is not formatted?! But this is not true as I can boot from it! HDconfig lists this boot partition as 'SFS NODOS'.
  • »07.04.22 - 07:01