• Just looking around
    Biggus
    I swear, networking on Amiga OS wannabes is the bane of me. Same story with ICAROS and now this.

So what I'm using is supposed to be supported hardware, both its ethernet and WiFi chips. Now MorphOS seems to "see" them just fine but I can't seem to connect to the internet through either ethernet or WiFi. I'm not going to install and THEN wait to register, I'm going to register before installing... which I can't currently do. If you want specifics I can just get some application to get detailed info about my hardware, but since it's stock, it still has its original AirPort Extreme card. No I'm not going to do a visual inspection because that would require me to remove everything.

I don't know if I'm using hardware that's too new (but I doubt I am because this OS apparently supports G5 PowerMacs) or if I'm missing something "simple" somewhere (and feel free to call me dumb if I am).

EDIT: After tearing it apart, reconnecting the antennas to the WiFi card, figuring out that no, the ethernet plug wasn't dead but the pins were bent out of shape, bending the pins back TO shape, registering through ethernet and a WHOLE load of swearing, wireless is working on MorphOS... thank all fuck for that. Now I'll leave it to stew for half an hour with the keyfile in (hopefully) the right path to see if it'll work.

knowing my luck, though, it won't

BUT thanks for the suggestions anyway.

[ Edited by Biggus 16.01.2022 - 16:42 ]
    Just an amateur hobo with a degree in professional alcohology.
  • »01.01.22 - 19:08