• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Puni - If you've managed to re-format the HDD then it may well now be OK.

Sometimes following shutdown or some software crash the HDD can become corrupted, data not getting written to respective sectors, leaving you with a checksum error or other data anomalies on the HDD, which often can be fixed using SFSDoctor in the Tools directory, for MorphOS partitions. For Apple partitions you can of course use an Apple OSX installation disc to boot to the Mac OSX initial installation screen, and then choose from the utilities menu the Disk Utility tool, which is much like HD Config for MorphOS, but also checks/verifies/repairs the Apple partitions (if you're lucky) as I've not found it that reliable at doing what it is supposed to do, but it usually will check the disk for errors and let you know if there are any on an Apple partition (such as the Boot HDD partition for MorphOS - as it's HFS formatted).

I usually have a working Apple Tiger partition (Dual Boot) so I can use the Bluetooth capabilities from an Apple OSX installation with MorphOS, along with the Apple Boot partition (60MB) and the MorphOS (SFS system) partition, along with other partitions if there's space on the HDD in total to accomodate them all without making the other system partitions too small to be useful/realistic storage sizes.

SFSDoctor does a great job on the few occasions I've needed it to fix a HDD partition for MorphOS, and often MorphOS fixes such data/checksum issues on-the-fly as it boots, but there are occasions when it "hangs", which it seems is what had happened with your Mac Mini HDD.

Anyway, now it seems to be fixed it will probably be OK, unless you've checked it with other HDD software tools and found S.M.A.R.T. issues or other HDD errors. Glad to hear it's working again for you to enjoy using it. 8-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »19.10.21 - 01:27