• Eld
  • Just looking around
    Eld
    Greetings!

I recently resurrected a Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X 2). I aim to create a MorphOS, OSX and Linux multi-boot system, and seek guidance on graphics cards that support all 3 OS'es, and meet the requirements below.

My Requirements:

* AGP card compatible with G5 PowerMac7,3 (A1047)
    * Able to boot into OSX, MorphOS and Linux (3D acceleration not required in Linux)
    * 2x DVI/ADC sockets (to support dual DVI/ADC monitors)

Questions:

1. What are the most and least powerful or cheapest AGP cards that meet the above requirements?

2. While it does not fill my requirements of 2x digital outputs, I already own a GIGABYTE GV-R955256D (from a PC) which I believe is based on the Radeon 9550. Can I use this card in my G5 temporarily with MorphOS until find a graphics card that supports all 3 OS'es? Will it work without modification with MorphOS and/or can it be flashed to work with OSX? Pic of card below.

I have looked through the forum thoroughly but not found anything conclusive for my situation. Please keep in mind that I'm relatively new to MorphOS and PPC hardware (at least, in this decade), but I can't wait to get the system up and running! By the way, The system came with the standard NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (AGP 8X Pro) video card, which I quickly discovered is not supported by MorphOS.

Peace and mungbeans,
    Eld

JxJsrwz.jpg

[ Edited by Eld 24.11.2020 - 11:54 ]
  • »24.11.20 - 03:51