• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

IKE wrote:
    I am looking for WiFi card recommendations, as the internal wifi is not working very well on my newly acquired machine. I have the G5 PCI-x 2 GHz model:

https://everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g5/specs/powermac_g5_2.0_dp.html

Thanks,
    IKE

I have seen some G5 PowerMacs with wireless antennae out the back, but don't know if that is available for your model. I've never tried using the Apple AirPort wireless networking with my G5 PowerMac towers, only the built-in wireless networking in my MacMini and PowerBooks.

Another option that I have used successfully is a wireless network bridge (I think that is what it is called). I have one made by NetGear that I have used not only on some of my MorphOS systems, but also with my X1000 and even 68k big box Amiga Classic systems as well. They are quite cheap and need no drivers, since the system just sees it as a regular Ethernet connection.

Edit: Also just noticed that you're located in Southern Calif., where I grew up and spent most of my life, and often visit. Nice to know that there is another MorphOS user in California and maybe we can meet next time I am down South. I was just there, in the mountains near Lake Arrowhead, and in Big Bear Lake, about a week ago helping a friend.

[ Edited by amigadave 30.10.2020 - 08:52 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »30.10.20 - 17:46