• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    I just watched ssolie's AmiWest 2022 talk on ExecSG, where he also mentions the need for a firmware update for the X5000 (and others) in order to make use of OS4 with multicore-enabled ExecSG currently under development. Summary as follows:

"Solie is also responsible for firmware updates. The U-Boot versions for X5000 and A1222 plus not only received various bug fixes, but will now also correctly initialize the additional cores of the multi-core CPUs used in these machines. Firmware updates will be distributed "soon" via A-EON. Once they're installed, the respective computers will then be "multi-core ready"."
    http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2022-10-00104-EN.html

Does the opening posting of this thread still apply, now that it's 2 years later?

This is exactly what my initial post on this thread refers to, so yes, it very much still applies.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »27.10.22 - 13:11
    Profile Visit Website