• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Jambalah
    Quote:

analogkid wrote:

No luck. I bought a replacement machine together with a TFT Studio Display, and I'm using the 9600 (with ADC) from the dead G5 in this. because the two cards which came with the "new machine" are a Geforce and a 9600 without ADC. I'll take the rest of the old G5 as spare parts.

Sorry to read this but happy you solved.
    I'm still working on my dual 2.0 but I discovered what it was supposed some post before and I didn't noticed well: some cpu pins are bended and I guess this happened because the bumpers on the rear were unglued. Anyway it went, I found a motherboard at ridicolous price and I changed but i discovered from codes this is was a dual 1.8 G5. Could it be a problem? I changed thermal past to the rear heatsinks and so I did for the cpus, I reseated with as much care as I could and I powered on: G5 started but no chimes and three blinks. Changed slots using the second one in pair and started again: no chimes, fans started to run higher speed but MorphOS did the boot!
    I was at 3.12 version of MorphOS and I tried OWB but no internet though G5 was connected with cable.
    I booted diagnostic 2.5.8 cd and started calibration: program found intake cpu fans not calibrated but after calibration it still warning error for those two fans. I checked fans diagnostic and this passed. Tried calibration again but errors were still there.
    So I'm thinking if the motherboard could be the problem due to different cpus that were mounted onboard.
    Cpus temperature under MorphOS doesn't go over 23° Celsius.
    I forgot to mention that even though i have two 512 mb simms, at bootscreen MorphOS display 492 mb. I will change the slots next check. i did memtest on mac diagnostic and it passed for both memory banks.
    Pegasos II 1 ghz
    Powermac G4 Quicksilver with Sonnet Encore 1.8 ghz
    Powermac G4 MDD single 1.25 ghz, silenced for ears health...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.7 ghz I'll be back...
    Powermac G5 dual 2.0 ghz
    Powerbook G4 1.67 ghz 17
  • »22.01.21 - 18:04