• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Goodman wrote:
    I have a Powerbook 5,8 G4 1,67 GHz DDR2 (...). I love that laptop even it was more slow than Mac Mini G4 1,5 GHz...

You mean it was slower than Mini? I believe A1138 is going to be faster than 1,5 GHz Mini every time. But that's just a side note.

Quote:

Time ago I retested the power supply and it was dead. There's any possibility that only the power supply got cooked and the mainboard is still fine?

Sure. The power supply could drop dead, or the power supply and power connector in your PowerBook could get fried... You need to get another power brick for this one to test it out. Or... you could just use any kind of 24V power supply that provides about 2,65-3A and recycle the power cable from your fried brick to use it with that one.

Quote:

Any idea why it had difficult to charge the battery? It could last 2h when working before stop charging after the first led.

Was it original power supply, or some generic one? Maybe it was a 45W version instead of 65W? Or perhaps it was just slowly dying.
  • »09.12.19 - 22:36