• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    walkero
    I have some more findings for this issue.
    The problem is pretty producable on my system, and it happens on MOS 3.9 as well. The computer is a powebook 5.3 with 1.5GB Ram.

My test done on new installations of MOS 3.9 and 3.12, by using OWB and IBrowse to download the latest SDK package into Ram:, so to be sure that the problem doesn't occure because of the hard disks or IDE.

The download starts just fine, with a spedd of 900kb/s to 1Mb/s, and always in between. The CPU usage is around 30% and 35%.

Around 26% to 28% of the download, the speed drops around 95Kb/s and then it gets up again. At this point the CPU usage goes more than 70% and drops to 10% and the freeze happens.

When I was running MOS 3.9, one time the completed just fine, but this drop of the speed happened on 26%, 45%, 65% of the download size of the file, and then continued. When the download completed, tried to redownload it again, and then on 26% of the download, the system freezed.

This happenes only when I use the wireless network and never with the wired one.

Does that behaviour ring any bell to anyone?
  • »17.11.19 - 16:13
    Profile Visit Website