• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

nordicweasel wrote:

My next problem: When I boot from USB to install MOS, after it posts DO-QUIESCE Finished and presumably starts loading the disc image, it goes to a black screen showing "no signal".

I am connected through a DVI to HDMI adapter and the monitor should be able to display just about anything I throw at it (my Amiga 1200 is connected to it without any scan doubler and displays just fine).

Any ideas?
    I do have a VGA input on the monitor, but I don't currently have a DVI-to-VGA adapter I can try with.

If your monitor's native resolution if something high (like FullHD), then MorphOS probably tries to set that kind of screenmode (it gets monitor's specs via DDC). In my experience earlier Mac minis aren't that good with FullHD resolution and you are likely to have hard time trying it. For example, my Mac mini 1.5GHz/64MB vram is fine with FullHD equipments I've tried, but my Mac mini 1.42GHz/32MB vram fails always with the same setups, at least if tried via DVI/HDMI.

BTW. do you see the MorphOS butterfly image at all when trying to boot? It stays very short time...

You could also try to boot to the MorphOS bootmenu, and then select some lower resolution option to boot. Add bm as the last argument to your usb boot line in OF to get into it easiest way.
  • »14.08.19 - 06:21
    Profile Visit Website