• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Well, I am now the proud owner of a cdcacm usb modem - a MultiTech MultiModem ZBA.

I have tested it on Linux where it gives me a serial device to use. Strangely, the modem lights only
    come on once Linux and the modem are happily talking to each other but this does happen and reading the manual everything seems to be working as expected with the modem.

Trying it on MorphOS, I'm not sure what's happening. Posiedon can definitely see it. Here is the screenshot of the Devices page, with the modem listed as TUSB3410.

Grab.jpg

The state as you can see is 'Running' but with a question mark icon.
    Also, it doesn't appear to have established a binding to cdcacm.class as I would expect. Note also the warnings about 'Unable to load modeswitch data file...'.

Here's the info page.

Grab2.jpg

I have tried to force binding cdcacm.class to the device, but that failed.

I can see that cdcacm.class should give me a usbmodem.device which I can then talk to. I've looked in MOSSYS:Devs/ and can't see any file with that name although I can find the cdcacm.class file in MOSSYS:Classes/.

Not sure if there's anything else I can try to get them talking to each other. What I would ultimately expect is the presence of usbmodem.device which I can then use in place of serial.device in various serial programs, e.g. a terminal program.

Any ideas of what to try next? Thanks!

[ Edited by Ginger1 24.07.2019 - 12:22 ]
  • »24.07.19 - 12:21