• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ernsteiswuerfel
    As my old battery runs outta juice in about 30min I decided it's time to move on to a new one. Old one already was a replacment battery from Lavolta which all in all I was satisfied with. But these do not seem to be around any longer, so now I bought this yellow one from Patona (klick).

The problem is that the Powerbook does not properly reckognize it. Most of the time it just shows a question mark in the energy meter. Sometimes it shows there is a battery present, but with low voltage and it reads out weird values in the energy information window. If I unplug the power adapter and try to run the PB on battery it just holds about 10 secs.

The battery itself seems to work. If I press the button on the battery it shows several green lights reflecting the state of charge, like the original battery. Also the hardware of the Powerbook charges the battery, as according from the lights on the battery, it has been charged from 1 in the beginning to 5 now.

I also did a PMU reset (not sure it worked?), but this did not change a thing.

What's your findings with battery replacements on Powerbooks?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »15.06.19 - 23:06