• ASiegel
    Quote:

ernsteiswuerfel wrote:
    Found out I don't even need a switch for this kind of freeze. Trying to copy data from a USB stick to HDD is already enough...

Well, this sounds like a serious bug. Please make sure to report the issue via the included tool.

Since no switches are required to reproduce the problem, this should make testing and potentially solving the issue easier.

I occasionally have problems with Ambient almost freezing when I use a particular 32GB USB flash drive but the problems tend to go away if I wait long enough. That said, the same drive is wonky on other computers too. I bought it for 5 EUR including shipping so I am not overly surprised.

Quote:

Thanks for looking this other switch up. Found it too during my research but it has only 1 port to share between 4 computers. One too less for mouse/keyboard. ;-)

Even though I own the version with four input ports, I use a wired Apple keyboard. Its built-in USB hub seems to work well enough to drive an additional mouse as well as one USB flash drive.

To my own surprise, there were no issues when switching so I use the hub all the time for convenience.
  • »09.11.19 - 10:37