• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote: .... As of MorphOS 3.10, the 2nd G5 CPU is disabled by default as opposed to pointlessly running all the time (and full-speed at that) as was happening with pre-3.10, but this has nothing to do with any OF setting.

So, can a Dual Processor PowerMac G5 startup with MorphOS with just one CPU fitted inside the tower, or does it have to have 2 working CPUs for MorphOS to switch one into some sort of "standby" mode, or some other option(s) since v3.10?

I'm asking because I've had this failed CPU issue with one of my PowerMacs, so if one CPU/heatsink can be removed to save it from being run without any benefit to the OS (MorphOS), and put into a box/storage if not required for MorphOS use then that might be a bonus, saving one of the working CPUs for the situation where the other one fails in the future, and then you've got a spare CPU rather than scouring the internet, often in a vain attempt, to find a still working CPU of the right frequency.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »06.06.19 - 07:20