• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    sailor
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    It is 64 on all partitions. This is the default that HDConfig sets.

I use more, 200 or 300. But if you have low speed with read/write big files, I think it is not the case. Look for max tansfer value - it it limited somehow?

Quote:

connor wrote:
    I would want to have it silent :-)
    So the new pictrures all all active cooled, I think. A passive cooler with a fan isn't that active? Because the fan is active.

It is up to you. If you have big case with good airflow, you can use this cooler without fan.
    CPU MPC7447(A):
    6.5W @ 900 MHz
    7.5W @ 1066 MHz
    19W @ 1420 MHz
    ARCTIC Alpine M1 Passive RECOMMENDED FOR TDP UP TO: 35 W

I have nearby bigger cooler of graphics card and I want also have some airflow around northbridge - thus I used the fan. And yes, is is active now. But the name of cooler itself stays "M1 passive" ;-)

Quote:

connor wrote:
    PCI ATA/ATAPI Driver@0: PIO Mode 4
    PCI ATA/ATAPI Driver@0: UDMA Mode 5
    PCI ATA/ATAPI Driver@2: PIO Mode 4
    PCI ATA/ATAPI Driver@2: UDMA Mode 5
    One is the CD-ROM and the other is the hard disk. So they both use 100MB/s.

OK - same values like me. But these numbers are OK for internal IDE. For SiI SATA cards you can (in theory) have 133MB/s, but MOS sata.device is show stopper here.

Quote:

sailor wrote:
    > PCI HD 5450
    Is that the best card for the Pegasos 2?
    HD 5450 PCI - newest, 2D, no overlay, 19W only
    HD 4350 PCI - 2D, hardware overlay, 20W only
    9800 PRO AGP - 2D, 3D, 47W.
    It depends, what you want to do with your Peg. But I do not tried the PCI cards.
    Quote:

connor wrote:
    3D I don't need (I think) because I don't run 3D games. Overlay is only for MPlayer important?
    PCI is slower than AGP. Can you feel it?

Yes, overlay is for playing videos.
    As a said - I do not used any PCI card, I simply don't know.
    In theory - if you succeed to find (or make) some AGPx1->PCI riser ( something like reversed riser for efika) you can try PCI card in AGP slot - in such case it will have double speed - 66MHz ( compares to 33MHz of other PCI slots).
    AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
    AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOneX1000
    MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook G4, Mac Mini, iMac G5, Powermac G5 Quad
  • »20.05.20 - 12:44