• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    About booting from USB, yeah, I followed the OF boot tutorial, and that worked just fine. But can I install MorphOS on a USB stick and boot from a full install, as well, or is it just the installer that can boot from USB? If I can boot via USB with a full MorphOS install, I don't mind going into Open Firmware each time to do so.

Regardless, I appreciate the support, though, from both of you. Thanks.

You can boot complete MorphOS (or MacOS) from USB.
    You need 2 Partition USB-Stick: one small partition in hfs for boot.img and ab bootable, second one in SFS for System (and may be further more partitions for Work, etc....)

command in OF: boot ud:,\boot.img BD=<Name of USB-Systempartition>

The USB-Stick, HD, whatever, should be inserted before OF-booting! Otherwise, in some cases, OF won't recognize the stick...

To boot MacOS from stick you need a complete Mac-System on the stick. If bootx (Mac-bootloader) is blessed then enter

boot ud:,\\:tbxi

If this does'nt work you need to enter full path:

boot ud:,\system\library\coreservices\bootx

This is very usefull for a MorphOS-Mainsystem and rare useing MacOS...
    With a forth-bootscript this option between Mac or MorphOS can be automatisized. You will get a small menue in OF where you can do your choice by pressing key 1 or 2, or do nothing - then your prefered OS boots automatically after some seconds.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »07.03.19 - 16:01