• Just looking around
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I didn't realize how "out of touch" you were

Bold words from a man advocating desktop ARM. Fact remains that an operating system with no software is a dead operating system.

I've installed MorphOS on a mac because it's the cheapest-fastest system that can run Amiga software. That was kind of the point of MorphOS in the first place, to create an Amiga upgrade path.

It would only make sense to break Amiga compatibility if A) MorphOS had developed a software library of equivalent or superior utility, and B) that software would not also be incompatible with "New" MorphOS. Neither are true, unless you limit yourself to pottering about web browsing and listening to MP3. I'm not worried because it'll probably take another ten years if ever.

Frankly when you talk about "hundreds of thousands if not millions" of new users, advocate a nonstandard CPU and oddball hardware, predict new OS feature development at a rate that's never happened before, etc etc you sound exactly like an AmigaOne delusional from 2004. Literally the exact same delusions. A healthy person would observe that none of that stuff came true and then study the reasons why.

[ Edited by khorse 05.03.2019 - 15:05 ]
  • »05.03.19 - 15:44