Acolyte of the Butterfly
Posts: 123 from 2007/3/11
- slow USB, problems with PCI usb cards
- slow AGP (Macs have 4x or 8x)
- slow Memory
- problems with extending memory over 1GB
- lack of SATA
You statement is a bit hard :
- PCI USB 2.0 card works nicely here. NEC chipset (fast and reliable).
- AGP is slow actually, but it is not noticeable in common usage.
- Memory is slow, it's really the bad point which is actually noticeable (typically gcc is quite slow on Peg2 compared to PowerMac at same CPU speed).
- I would say that 1GB is more than enough unless you try to recompile gcc. :)
- PCI SATA card works nicely here (just using a CF-Card on IDE for boot.img, everything else is on SATA).