• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

Nice buy.
    I have had people ask me almost that much for a SAM460 system.
    Still, the "last one" sold on eBay doesn't dictate the market price, since there was only one for sale.
    That logic only applies to the market price of housing in a specific area, and then only loosely.

I'm sure the buyer was happy, if he's an OS4 user. The market price seems to be in a downward trajectory, if such a small sample size can be viewed as such. A few weeks prior a NOS Cyrus motherboard with RAM sold for $1,250 (USD) with free shipping. That's more than the later whole system, but still a significant discount from A-Eonkit directly.

We'll see if more get listed in the coming weeks and if the downward trajectory continues.

Personally I don't hate the Cyrus board, just that as a MorphOS user I find it completely redundant and excessively expensive. Maybe if I can get just the MB used for ~$400 one day I might consider it for MorphOS. Maybe not even then, but using a standard case and PCIe could be cool. I would still be taking a step down from my G5 when it comes to brute CPU force.

I know you are on the fence about getting one yourself, and I don't blame you. If a MorphOS user wants one and has the discretionary cash, more power to them.

[ Edited by redrumloa 10.09.2018 - 17:15 ]
  • »10.09.18 - 21:13