• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    @Jim

Absolutely! IIRC you also sent him some gfx cards? Bigfoot is an absolute machine! I wish he'd set up a Patreon page or something so we could support him to potentially work full time. I'm not rich, but I'd chip something in monthly.

The only problem I've seen with an x1950 is the gfx are corrupted in MAME. This was pointed out to me by doffo on his end, so I tried it and get the same thing. I'm not sure if a bug report would be the right thing to do as it may be in MAME and not the driver. MAME is the only thing I see it in so far.

A few, but not enough. I'm in a tight economic situation right now, and Mark only has a couple of GCN cards.

I'll probably send an RX560 before Christmas, but there are a ton of cards he doesn't have examples of.

Maybe the smart thing would be to post the list Mark has on the developer site that lists what gpus he has covered.

And bounties or payment for specific projects isn't a bad idea.

He's really been productive lately. I'm sure I'm only aware of part of it, but he's introduced support for a lot of new video cards, enhanced support for others, and created a new SATAII driver.

And, if we are going to see any further development of OpenGL, he's one of three developers that is critical to that project.

Not to diminish the work of the other developers.

Andre and Jacek for instance have introduced some projects that deserve support.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »08.09.18 - 16:58