• Just looking around
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

The wi-fi in the Mac mini G4 should just work out of the box. That being said, as with any computer, reception can be an issue depending on your home network.

As both of your computers are desktop machines, you could just buy an external wi-fi access point and connect both machines via ethernet cable to it.

I didn't realize the MacMini had built in wifi. I'm having trouble getting it to boot from CD to load Morphos. Tried holding C down and also tried holding ALT down. Neither one does anything, it just goes ahead and boots into the MAC OS. Is this because I'm just using a standard USB keyboard and not a mac keyboard?

Quote:

MorphOS will not even boot with 1 megabyte of memory :-) The limit is 2 gigabyte of memory.

If you have more memory (for use with MacOS or Linux), MorphOS will not mind, however,

Please note that the Mac mini G4 only supports 1GB of memory. This is a hardware limitation and not related to MorphOS.

Sorry, I meant to say 1 gigabyte not megabyte. I haven't opened up the G5 yet to see how many memory slots are available, etc. It only has 512mb in it so I will upgrade the memory when I figure out what I need. The macmini also only has 512mb in it but I have ordered a 1gb stick for it.

I have loaded morphos on the g5 and am loving it so far. Will be even better I am sure when I get additional memory installed.
  • »17.07.18 - 16:37
    Profile Visit Website