• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Sorry guys, I don't get email notifications from this site for some reason so I missed the replies.

I already replied to most of this in one of my earlier emails. I got the 32GB Kingspec SSD working nicely after realising that MorphOS could not recognise it because it was in RDB format from being in my A1000. After a full wipe I was able to install MorphOS and it works nicely. Fast and silent. OK, it's not huge and certainly not big enough for a dual boot which is a bit of a pain on the odd occasion I might need OS X but that's not the end of the world.

I cannot access the internal Superdrive DVD but honestly? I don't see a big pile of MorphOS software ready to order on CD / DVD so I really can live with that. I don't have CD drives in any of my other laptops or PCs these days anyway, I do everything via either USB CD drives or USB sticks so I'm pretty used to that.

For the record, this is a model A1138 15" Powerbook. I contacted the eBay seller and fortunately he / she was really helpful and still had the screws / rubber grommets from the original drive so they sent them to me.

Now for the battery, I've just ordered a PRAM cell and am still looking into the main battery. I think it is shot. MOS is reporting a full charge capacity of 1286mAh which is not much in itself but it seems to stop charging after just 32mA. I just ordered one of those conditioners for less than a tenner, that's fine.

At the end of the day, I don't really need to run it off of battery, but I'd like it to remember the time at least!
  • »17.06.18 - 22:47