• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Hi there,

I have tried MorphOS on my Mac mini a bunch of times over the years but never committed because of the 32MB video memory. I recently tried 3.10 and was impressed enough to track down a nice Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz (9700/128MB video).

HDD:
    So problem is the machine didn't come with a hard drive. Nor did it come with the screws or rubber grommets to fit one. Typical!

For now I have put the drive from my Mac mini in there (without grommets) but since I've had that machine from new I'd prefer to put it back together. Can anyone recommend a decent drive for the Powerbook? I need it to be nice and quiet if not silent as noise bothers me. Is there an SSD option? I have a Kingspec 32GB PATA SSD that I have had for some years but not only does the PB not recognise it but also when it is plugged in, the PB will not see the CD either - it's like it's blocking the entire IDE interface.

License:
    When I license the PB, if I change the hard drive will that change the fingerprint or whatever it is that is used for licensing?

Battery:
    Finally, not surprisingly the battery is completely dead. Anyone have experience with 3rd party batteries? Trash ones to avoid? Ones that are OK? While I don't need super long battery life it would be nice to be able to sit on the sofa and do stuff for a while like I am now on my modern MacBook Pro :)

Thanks and hello!
  • »09.06.18 - 13:38