• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > need to buy some AOS4 and/or MOS capable hardware (not EOL ones) [...]
    > so this was just an idea.

As I understand, the ARIA board is EOL and what‘s available are remnants. Or is the ARIA still being produced (per order)?

> Better would be to have some PowerArch T or P series NXP cpu.

MorphOS 3.10 is supposed to support the P5-based A-Eon Cyrus Plus board (AmigaOne X5000).

As Andreas_Wolf stated above, the A-Eon X5000 seems to be what you might be looking for, as it will support running both AmigaOS4.1FE and MorphOS3.10 (once 3.10 is released, which will hopefully be soon). Frankly, I was surprised that it took so many replies to this thread, before that suggestion was made. The X5000, like all PPC hardware, is also pretty much EOL, but it is still available new (AFAIK), and should there be enough demand for more X5000's, the CPU and other components will be available for a few years, so more production runs could be completed, to satisfy future buyers. It is an expensive system, specially when compared to any Efika class product, but it is also much more powerful, and capable of running a wider variety of software, and supporting many new, or near new video cards.

As a small niche group of users and even smaller group of niche developers/programmers, we are always very interested to find out how new users, and specially new developers/programmers become interested in MorphOS. Most often, we find that they are former, or current Amiga owners/users.

Since our tiny community is desperate for new developers/programmers to join us, allow me to welcome you here, and offer any help I can provide answering questions, to encourage you to become a regular MorphOS user and developer.

Edit: I believe that the MorphOS Developer Team has stated some time in the past that they would not work on supporting any more PPC hardware, and all team development would now focus on completing 3.10, and moving forward to an ISA switch to x64 hardware. If that has not been openly stated, it is the general consensus of most users I know, that this is the direction the development team is headed.

[ Edited by amigadave 13.02.2018 - 17:11 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »14.02.18 - 01:05