• Just looking around
    Hi all, i am looking for some help. I have a Mac Mini G4 1.42Ghz, it has been overclocked to 1.58Ghz, 1gb Ram, 60Gb ide hdd and an apple superdrive. It came with no OS installed so i have booted from a genuine copy of OSX 10.5 Leopard and partitioned and formatted the HDD and installed OSX to ensure the computer was working. All has been working fine for about the last week or two.

Tonight i thought i'd give Morphos a shot (it was the reason for getting the mac in the first place). I have downloaded the Morphos 3.9 iso from the page and burned it at 10x (slowest my burner will go) to a CD-R, placed it in the mac and it showed on the desktop as it should. I then rebooted the mac and held down the C key and i heard the disc spin up and sounded like it was reading but then i was dropped back to the open=firmware prompt. Tried rebooting and holding the option key for the gui boot menu and Morphos CD is listed as a boot device so clicked it and clicked the arrow to continue, again the CD started to read and dropped me back to open-firmware. I tried typing in boot cd:,\mac_ppc32\boot.img and it says Can't open device or file.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
  • »01.09.17 - 21:34