• ASiegel
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I'm also sure that solar requirements are different in the EU, than they are in the USA.

Absolutely. You can read about some differences between Germany and the US here.

That said, I was broadly referring to the situation in the US.

Quote:

A permit is required here from the Building & Saftey Department that has jurisdiction, which in my case would be Siskiyou County, as I do not live within any city limits, and am not subject to any city building department requirements, only the county requirements (which are mostly uniform, throughout the whole country, where electric is concerned). Cities and Counties are allowed to have variances to the International Building Code, but only for local weather and geologic conditions. Many/most cities and counties in the USA have adopted the National Electric Code, and not any International Electrical Code, unless things have changed a lot in the last few years. As a retired Chief Building Official, I know a bit about these things.

Given your experience in this area, I am sure you know the difference between a free-standing solar array and a roof-mounted one. As I wrote, it depends on the use case - as well as your local laws. (As you will also know, there are places in the US without any building code restrictions.)

Not every solar set up is the same and not everybody puts panels on their home's roof.
  • »05.09.17 - 10:26