• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

deka wrote:
    When we are talking about our dreams, I really would love to have something, like this:http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/flex-series/Lenovo-ideapad-FLEX-4-1470/p/88IP8FX0685

This tablet/notebook design is really cool. It isn't the cheapest one, but still ok. These modells are available with Radeon graphics too.

You have to go to the top model of that line at $739.99 to get discrete graphics, but I like it.
    And Lenovo laptops are well built, rugged devices.

Actually Jim, if you look again, strangely, the $739.99 model is an i5 with 8gb RAM and 2 or 3 spot back is the real top of the line model with an i7 2.5GHz, discreet Radeon Graphics card, and 16gb RAM for only $649.99.

I'm not sure what I am missing in the specs to understand why the i5 is more expensive than the i7 model with more RAM.

Edit: Looked again, and the pricing makes no sense. The model I pointed out is definitely the best deal (it is currently discounted over $300), and looks like something I would definitely spend $650 to purchase. I still like to have an internal optical drive, but I can see that in a 14" device that has discreet graphics, that might be hard to do and I have an external optical drive I can use when needed. Overall, it looks like a good laptop choice for the price, but I really haven't shopped for any new computers in a long time, so I don't know what the competition is like for this device.

[ Edited by amigadave 09.06.2017 - 07:54 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »09.06.17 - 14:39