• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Apple didn't make X850XT cards, so the entire situation is damned weird.
    But I'd stress test it under OSX because artifacts are a hardware related problem.
    And if it produces problems, ship it back and ask for a replacement or a refund.

The driver (which Frank and Mark both worked on) was tested out on an Apple X800XT (I ought to know, as I sent that card to Mark).
    Further, several other posters here have used Apple X800XTs with no problems.

But, there is one higher card that will work with the G5 as well, a standard PC X1950Pro AGP card.
    Although, since it works through a PCIe-AGP bridge chip, that card might actually be slower than an X800XT (and since its a PC card it won't display Open firmware prompts).

BTW - The card pictured on the web page you referenced definitely is an Apple card.
    As long as yours looks the same, it certainly would appear that its a genuine Apple component.
    The give away with flashed cards is the need for an additional power connector (usually a molex connector) as well as the lack of a n ADC power connector at the front of the card edge.
    Standard AGP slots can not provide the power that an AGP Pro slot can.

[ Edited by Jim 20.04.2017 - 08:25 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »20.04.17 - 12:22