• ASiegel
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:

It would be interesting to see if you are having the same issue when you connect a desktop MorphOS system (PowerMac, etc).

I tried my broken (gfx trash) mac mini, with same result, pressing the record button does nothing.

I also tried a Lubuntu 15.10 PPC live dvd, same result, recording doesn't work.

Is it possible that my HDMI capture device doesn't work with Apple computers?

I am not sure if this is specifically about Apple systems. Did you happen to use the exact same DVI to HDMI adapter for all of your tests?

This might be your problem right there. If you search online, you will find plenty of reports from people seeing black TV screens when they use DVI to HDMI adapters. Presumably your TV screen is a bit more flexible than your capturing device, which would explain why you can see an image (via HDMI pass-through) but are unable to record video.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, this is how my capture card handles MorphOS steams, for instance. But then again, it also records correctly (although I did not test with a Powerbook) so that by itself does not mean much.

Which capture device do you have?

Hauppauge Colossus, which is an internal card, so not a full replacement for a portable external device. (Also, the picture quality is not quite as perfect for recording desktop applications as I expected.)
  • »29.12.16 - 16:29