Yokemate of Keyboards
Posts: 10540 from 2003/5/22
> I'd rather buy one of these than an X5000 myself.
> It's only a few hundred more, and so much more capable.
Some more details:
"- E-ATX (12“ x 13“) mainboard
- With the 3U HSF assemblies, noise is very low.
- Power consumption of the POWER9 is far less than POWER8
- If you buy the Dual CPU bundle, the PSU needs a dual EPS 12V connector
- no mini PCIe slot
- No M2 slot
- 1x OCuLink port (what is this?)
- 6x 4-pin fan connectors on the mainboard
- To provide maximal PCIe bandwidth for all peripherals, each slot is serviced by a dedicated CPU. As such, two CPUs are required to activate all PCIe slots
sounds interesting. But the last point is not quite clear to me. The Talos II board has 3 PCIe x16 and 2 PCIe x8 slots. Which of these slots can be used with the single-CPU configuration?