• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

vox wrote:
    Quote:

rob wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to put them in the same category as this "Phase5". They did at least sell computers and went to the effort of getting a load of ITX compatible C64 cases stamped and had custom keyboards made to go with them.

Please dont go there. They abused Linux Mint and CBM to make some fake CommodoreOS that wasnt working and also been at same time counting on AOS community, and flamming it.

Biggest promise was AROS development and AROS shipped with their machines.

They delivered only the mentioned CBM case mold, but never open sourced it, so its lost.

Rest was a heavy fakerism, be it on Amiga scene or x64.

Many other companies DID way more with LESS fake phanphares.

What is SAME is PRETENDING to be BIG and SIGNIFICANT and ABUSING Amiga history for your own promo.

Are you saying the molds were lost?

Quote:

After his death and the fall of CommodoreUSA I made some enquiries and managed to acquire the website, molds and some stock.

Source

I'm confused here. If they were indeed sold to Sean Donohue, then how could a company no longer owning the molds open source them? You could write and ask Sean what the truth is. What's the worst that could happen if you do?

Oh, and if you do choose to correspond with him, be sure to ask why he filed for the "Amiga" trademark in the U.S. long after he knew that Cloanto had already filed.

Quote:

CUSA had wanted to develop a port of AmigaOS for the C64X range either with the Aros team and/or Hyperion, but was met with stiff opposition citing creative and legal differences, hence led them to the development of COS Vision.

I'm guessing you put no stock in the above?

[ Edited by number6 21.08.2018 - 16:26 ]
  • »21.08.18 - 19:21