• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @vox,

It was actually me who you quoted, not minuous, or minator, or who ever you put in your posting. I am not advocating that MorphOS for x64 use AEROS, only that they complete MorphOS for x64 in a way that allows us users to run Android, Linux, Windows, and/or MacOSX/iOS software as seamlessly as possible. If that means starting up a VM, and booting the alternative OS inside that VM, that will be good enough.

My point was only that we need some software to run when MorphOS for x64 is first released, as I imagine that native ports for the x64 version of MorphOS will probably be few in number at first. Hopefully, the MorphOS Dev. Team will have great tools for us to port software to the x64 version of MorphOS, from day one, after it's release, but it will still take some time to build up a library of software titles that are created from scratch, or ported from other platforms, for this new (and hopefully revolutionary, or at least evolutionary) version of MorphOS for x64.

I am not nearly as concerned about how they accomplish allowing us to run more software from the beginning, as I am concerned that having too little software to run, will harm the first impression of MorphOS for x64.

As I wrote earlier, this switch to the x64 architecture will only occur once, so I am hoping for the best circumstances, to allow for greatest success in gaining new users/programmers. Which has always been my highest concern and hope for MorphOS. More users/programmers, means more software to run, and more chance of long term continuation of development of MorphOS.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »31.08.16 - 00:01