• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

In_Correct wrote:
    A small come-back is possible, if MorphOS is introduced into an emerging market where there are no other computers.

I believe thinking that any kind of "come-back" for any part of the Amiga community, including the MorphOS portion, is self delusion. Either that, or your definition of what a "come-back" is equal to, is very different than my definition of a come-back. I think you must be very young, or very naive, or both, when you think MorphOS has any chance to become a competitor to Windows, MacOSX, or Linux (include any other free OS in this group as well), in any area where computers are not already used by most people (such as Africa, the topic of another thread). Your point of view appears to be very different than mine (and I would argue most other members on this forum site), when it comes to what is possible, or even probable, for the future of MorphOS, or any other Amiga inspired platform. I don't mean this to be a harsh criticism of you as a person, or your intelligence, just a simple fact that I believe you see things differently than most of the rest of us, and we disagree on what we each think is possible.

For me, a come-back means a return to a time when the Amiga still had a chance to compete with Windows & MacOS, and a return of companies choosing to create ports of their software for any of the Amiga inspired platforms, and I just don't think that will ever be possible again. The only software companies that are likely to support our community, will be companies with 1 to 10 employees, working for free, or for a percentage of any possible future sales profits, not real software creation companies, as we know them today.

Anything less than that (such as simply an increase of the user base, or return of several hundred to a couple thousand former Amiga users), does not fit my definition of an Amiga "come-back".
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.08.16 - 19:48