• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Thanks for your input into this thread. What you wrote covered about every reason why I am so interested in seeing an eventual port of MorphOS to the Raspberry Pi3, and later models that have the same or more power.

I totally agree that targeting the Raspberry Pi users is a perfect way to gain more (and young, & new) users, to re-invigorate the AmigaOS/MorphOS community. I am not foolish enough to think it will allow us to make a come-back, as I don't believe that will ever be possible, but I do believe that we can grow our user base from a few hundred active users and a few dozen programmers, to thousands of users (perhaps as high as 20 to 30 thousand, if we are lucky), and double or triple the number of active programmers.

I understand the decision to go x64 first, and I am not against it. I just hope that after the x64 port is created, it won't be too difficult to then port that version to the Raspberry Pi 3.

A small come-back is possible, if MorphOS is introduced into an emerging market where there are no other computers.
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »04.08.16 - 16:59
    Profile Visit Website