• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Raf_MegaByte wrote:
    Actually it only crashed OWB due to notorious Javascript memory eating bug, I simply quitted it and RAM was almost completely freed. Then I performed some offline activities with paint program ArtEffect encountering no crash neither hang-ups, and in the end I shutdown machine.

I encountered various times OWB RAM eating crashes and yes OWB is installed on DH1:

Did OWBbeave some temporary files open on the hard disk after memory crash, despite the fact it was correctly closed clicking "QUIT" on its death pop-up window?

Not closing all files when quitting thru death or meditation window. Is this another OWB bug we should take care of?

I usually relaunch OWB myself before it "crashes" in low memory situation, but if it slips to that crash accidently, it shouldn't be harmful. But as it seems to make some kind of hit to the MorphOS debug log on my setup, I usually reboot the machine at that point to be sure it doesn't trash anything else. I haven't got SFS error because of that usually.. in the occasional pretty rare situations it happens to me.

But do you wait a little before rebooting after quitting those other programs? You may have had a write to HD when quitting them if you have saved your edited image or if ArtEffect writes to its swapfile (where does it reside on your setup?) or something like that.

I don't think it's about file closing, but the actual writing anyway... if it's about it at all.

Quote:

It is better to stay ready for the future and check carefully if big drives can be installed into MacMini.

I don't have big enough suitable drives to test myself.. only have a faster 120GB drive waiting when I dare/bother to open my mini to replace its original 80GB drive :) But surely would like to hear if there really is some incompatibility with bigger drives.

[ Edited by jPV 29.05.2016 - 14:09 ]
  • »29.05.16 - 10:05
    Profile Visit Website