Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

Raf_MegaByte wrote:
    Hello Morphers, I have some questions to ask the ommunity:

Issue 1)

More than often I encountered a MorphOS Filesystem Warning message at boot:

Option D) try avoid booting too soon after writing to HD?

I get these occasionally too, but I've tought that they happen if I've booted or crashed too soon after writing to HD... never done anything for them anyway. sfscheck reports drives being OK after that at least...

Actually it only crashed OWB due to notorious Javascript memory eating bug, I simply quitted it and RAM was almost completely freed.
    Then I performed some offline activities with paint program ArtEffect encountering no crash neither hang-ups, and in the end I shutdown machine.

I encountered various times OWB RAM eating crashes and yes OWB is installed on DH1:

Did OWB leave some temporary files open on the hard disk after memory crash, despite the fact it was correctly closed clicking "QUIT" on its death pop-up window?

Not closing all files when quitting thru death or meditation window. Is this another OWB bug we should take care of?

-----

At least, from what you people said, it seems that my Hard Disk is not broken and SFS managed to fix HD bitmap and Filesystem resident blocks with ease, but sure sooner of later Hard Disk will start show signals it is aging and will require a replacement.

It is better to stay ready for the future and check carefully if big drives can be installed into MacMini.

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 29.05.2016 - 13:07 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »29.05.16 - 09:26